Tuesday, September 16, 2014


THE SEA MONSTER’S SNACK by Charles Thompson

Deep down upon his sandy bed

The monster turned his slimy head,

Grinned and licked his salty lip

And ate another bag of ships.

A YOUNG MAN FROM BERWICK-ON-TWEED by Michael Palin

A Young man from Berwick-On-Tweed

Kept a very strange thing on a lead

He was never once seen

To give it a clean

Or anything else it might need.

THE SLITHERGADEE by Shel Silverstein

The Slithergadee has crawled out of the sea

He may catch all the others, but he won’t catch me.

No you won’t catch ne old Slithergadee;

You may catch all the others, but you wo.......

BEDTIME by Allan Ahlberg

When I go upstairs to bed

I usually give a loud cough

That is to scare the monster off

When I come to my room

I usually slam the door right back

That is to squash the man in black

Who sometimes hides there

Nor do I walk to the bed

But usually run and jump instead

This is to stop the hand

Which is under there all right

From grabbing my ankles.

 

 

NIGHTMARE by Siv Widerberg

I never say his name out loud

and don’t tell anybody

I always close all the drawers

and look behind the door before I go to bed

I cross my toes and count to eight

and turn the pillows over three times

Still he comes sometimes

one two three

like a shot

glaring at me with his eyes

grating with his nails

and sneering his big sneer

the Scratch Man.

Oh-oh now I said his name!
Mama, I can’t sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment