Create a newspaper for STORYLAND using familiar characters from literature, fairytales, novels, poems or nursery rhymes as your stimulus
Begin by looking at what appears in newspapers - headlines, reports, advertisements, visual images, classified ads, for sale notices, jobs, advice pages, letters to the editor, etc.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started
- JILL PUSHED ME - JACK!
- JILL PUSHED ME, CLAIMS HUMPTY!
- IS THERE A SERIAL PUSHER IN OUR MIDST!
Letters to the Editor
Red Riding Hood writes to the editor about the presence of wolves in the woods.
The Tree Little Pigs write a response!
Farm Worker Wanted! A Job Advertisment (Write Little Boy Blues's Application)
Advertisment for a House Sitter (Write Goldilock's Application)
Advertisment for a House Painter (Write Jackson Pollock's Application)
Write the news reports that might follow e.g.
- SHEEP AND COWS CAUSE CHAOS
- GOLDEN HAIRED VANDAL IN COURT
- PAINT MAD
Other headlines and stories
- HORNER SUES PIE COMPANY
- NIMBLE SUES CANDLE COMPANY
- GLINDA MAKES AN ENQUIRY ABOUT THE RUBY SLIPPERS
- JACK SEEKS BEAN SELLER
- WANTED. GLUE EXPERT. Apply to Mr Dumpty
- LOST: BLUE JACKET. Reward offered by Mrs Rabbit
- SEEKING TRAVEL COMPANIONS. Apply to Mr Bilbo Baggins